Thursday, March 5, 2015

Bad Company: Good Lovin' Gone Bad

I think it’s been a while since I’ve featured any music from Bad Company. This afternoon, I heard one of their tunes on the radio and I decided I’d feature one of their cuts tonight. Since it’s Thirty Something Thursday, I needed to find a cut that charted between 30 and 39. Luckily, Bad Company had two songs that charted in that range: “Good Lovin’ Gone Bad” that peaked at #36 in 1975 and 1991’s “How About That,” which peaked at #38.



I chose the former, as it is the better known of the two. Written by former Mott the Hoople guitarist Mick Ralphs, “Good Lovin’ Gone Bad” was the first single release from the band’s “Straight Shooter” LP. Of the album’s three singles, it was the second most popular. “Shooting Star,” the second single, failed to chart and the only major hit from the LP was its third release. “Feel Like Making Love” peaked at #10. Whether it be Free, Bad Company, or The Firm; Paul Rodgers vocals are always impeccable.






2 comments:

  1. This song would be considered politically incorrect if it came out today. A song blaming the woman for letting good loving go bad?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps, but since the lyrics indicate that the female in this relationship cheated and lied, perhaps Mick Ralphs was putting the blame where it belonged.

      Delete