Sunday, December 1, 2013

Cracker: Happy Birthday To Me

This is my fifth birthday post (certainly not my fifth birthday) since starting this blog in 2009. I was running out of ideas for this year until I remembered Cracker’s recording from 1992: “Happy Birthday to Me.” The song was written by vocalist David Lowery who had previously been with Camper Van Beethoven. “Happy Birthday to Me” charted for two weeks at the #13 slot on Billboard’s Modern Rock Tracks chart.



The cut is found on Cracker’s self-titled debut album; however, at the time the album was recorded, the group consisted of only three members Lowery (who also played guitar), guitarist Johnny Hickman, and bassist Davey Faragher. For the album, session drummers were. Since I don’t have the CD, I cannot tell you who played the great accordion on this cut.

All I have to say is “Happy Birthday to Me.”


No comments:

Post a Comment