Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sheryl Crow: I Shall Believe

Here’s a Sheryl Crow live recording from 2007’s “Home for the Holidays” special that showcases her talent as a keyboardist. “I Shall Believe” originally appeared on her debut album “Tuesday Night Music Club.” It is our Spiritual Sunday selection for today.



Studio Version


Crow's studio version of the song follows a different format altogether. I don’t know about you, but I prefer her gospel piano version that we included above better than her original release of “I Shall Believe.”



Matt Brouwer’s Single Release


In 2005, Canadian Matt Brouwer released his second album “Unlearning,” which featured his second single – a cover of Sheryl Crow’s “I Shall Believe.”

While it didn’t chart as high as his debut single “Water,” it did see some action on Billboard’s Christian Chart as well as on CCM’s charts. Brouwer follows a different style than the two previous versions preferring instead an acoustic alternative interpretation.




No comments:

Post a Comment