Monday, November 29, 2010

Luke Doucet & The White Falcon: Ophelia

On Mondays, I feature cover songs that give a new perspective on old songs. Originally recorded by The Band, a live version of “Ophelia” is interpreted by Luke Doucet and The White Falcon. The band is named for Doucet’s guitar – a reissue version of the famous Gretsch White Falcon guitar – the same guitar that was notably used by both Neil Young and Stephen Stills.


The White Falcon was Gretsch’s answer to Gibson’s 400 CES – its competitor’s top of the line archtop electric guitar that was improvement to the acoustic Super 400 with a cutaway body and a thicker top to reduce feedback. Gretsch’s White Falcon was an attractive alternative for many rock players and Luke Doucet shows how this monster of an electric guitar purrs and growls on stage.



Live Version from The Band


Here’s an energetic version of “Ophelia” by The Band with Levon Helm on vocals. This recording comes from The Band’s 1976 album and film “The Last Waltz.”



Studio Version from The Band


This version of “Ophelia” came from The Band’s 1975 album of all original material named “Northern Lights – Southern Cross.” While a horn section accompanied The Band on the version from “The Last Waltz,” the brass, woodwinds, and saxophones were played by keyboardist Garth Hudson and the trombone was added by bassist Rick Danko.





1 comment:

  1. I was depressed when doctor told me that I have been diagnosed with Herpes disease… I thought about my Family, I know my Family will face a serious problem when I'm gone, I lost hope and I wept all day, but one day I was searching the internet I found Dr.ezomo contact number. +2349069171173 I called him and he guided me. I asked him for solutions and he started the remedies for my health. Thank God, now everything is fine, I'm cured by Dr.ezomo herbal medicine, I'm very thankful to Dr.ezomo and very happy with my hubby and family. email him on dr.ezomorootandherbals@gmail.com or you can also reach him through WhatsApp number+2349069171173 He can also cure so many sickness {1}HIV And AIDS {2}Diabetes {3}Epilepsy {4}Blood Cancer {5}HPV {7}ALS {8}Hepatitis

    ReplyDelete