Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Eilen Jewell: Where They Never Say Your Name

I am not sure where I first heard this song by Eilen (pronounced EE-lynn) Jewell, but I believe that it was Mountain Stage from West Virginia Pubic Radio. I don’t know what attracted me to this song – it may be her “lazy” or "slurred" style of singing or it might just be the choice of instrumentation. I am not sure, but I like it nonetheless. I am featuring both a live and the studio version of her tune “Where They Never Say Your Name.” I guess that’s the antithesis of Cheers – “where everyone knows your name.”

Live Version


The live version of today’s tune features Eilen and her band performing live at WNRN in Charlottesville, VA on September 17, 2008. The sound balance on this recording is better than most radio station recordings. Jerry Glenn Miller is playing the Gretsch Chet Atkins guitar; Johnny Sciascia is on the double bass, and drummer Jason Beek handles the backbeat.



Studio Version


From the 2007 LP “Letters from Sinners & Strangers,” Daniel Kellar adds fiddle to this recording. I just love Jerry Glenn Miller’s guitar sound – so retro.



2 comments:

  1. I am one of those people who said, “I’ll never call a psychic or a magician or whatever” to help me with my problems – least of all my love problems, but I reached the point where I knew I needed some guidance, and I’m so glad I found this man called dr.ajeghe. When I nearly lost David in one of ouar stupid,fights (he broke up with me), I thought I had lost everything.i cry all day and think that he will never come back to me again.i read so many testimony about Dr. ajeghe love spell,how he help to bring back ex lover back.I quickly email him.and also get back my husband with his love spell. And when I was at my most desperate,he didn’t take advantage of me. You performed a very good service for a person in true need. I don’t know how you did it, or how this magic works, but all I know is, IT WORKS!! David my husband and I are happily back together, and I’ll always be grateful to dr.ajeghe email him for any kinds of help is very capable and reliable for help ajeghespelltemple@gmail.com or WhatsApp him +2349069171173

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete